Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fromage, rouge vin et escargots

Bonjour from Paris!! It has taken a while to update this, but I have left it until all our Parisian experiences could be combined into one blog. We leave tomorrow for Italy but this week has been the most magical, amazing week of my life.

Paris is gorgeous and something about it has calmed us down, relaxed us and made us so ridiculously happy!! So far we have seen all the touristy things: the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe (amazing view from the top), the Eiffel Tower (again, great view from the top), the Musee d'Orsay, Montmatre (complete with a sketh of both of us which s gorgeous), the Picasso Museum, Notre Dame, Catacombes (scary but quite amazing) and others I can't remember....

Favourites were the top of the Arc de Triomphe, it was much less crowded than the Eiffel tower and the view was just as good. Also loved Montmatre on our second attempt at going there - the first time we got off at the metro stop at the Moulin Rouge with is the seediest, grossest part of Paris I have seen. Sex shops and strip joints galore - we stayed about 20 mins then left! Luckily the second time we found the metro stop nearer to the artists area.

The big disppointment for us was the Louvre - sorry to all you art lovers but it was BORING!!!!! There are only so many white statues and religious pictures filled with flying babies one person can look at in a day.... It was too much and all the same to us, we loved the impressionists at the Musee d'Orsay and all the religious symbolism stuff in the Louvre just looks like crap to me.

Food wise we have been feasting! I feel like I am about 15kgs heavier but I am feeling very content, like a big fat, lazy cat lying on the lounge :) Heaps of cheese, red wine, baguettes and even a few meals of snails have kept us going - the food is quite cheap and just delicious. Bring on Italy with the fresh pasta and more wine I say - though it is very sad to leave paris.

We have decided to come back at the latest when we retire or in a few years anyway, perhaps to live, it has just had the hugest impression on us. Jen you were right - it is amazing!!!!!!

More to come shortly - viva Italia!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh gosh, your post brings back so many wonderful memories for me. I'm glad to hear that you have loved it as much as I did. I must admit that I *loved* the impressionists at Musee d'Orsay much more then the Lourve. In fact I think I visited that top floor section 3 times!

Have a wonderful time in Italy - I can't wait to catch up with you both. I can promise you that I won't be bored by the photos !

J x

Bennyr said...

Beautiful.

I gotta take that girl of mine over there.

Jen said...

Welcome home guys!!!

I hope that you has as wonderful a time in Italy as you did in Paris.

Good luck for Sunday NTR during your tri debut. I'll be thinking of you.

PS. My blog has some news that may interest you both :-)