Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A full day monday

Its been a good week thus far...on the weekend we went swimming for a few laps at Blacktown pools. Georgia tried out flippers, hand fins and generally mucked around in the lap lane, whilst Rach and I alternated doing laps.

Saturday night was a cocktail party with one of rach's friends to make up for missing our engagement party...well it was a great party, and all the way over at Bondi, so it was Sunday morning before we got home, and there was no way we would make SMC!!! ( atleast not sober! ) Thomo wins again!!!

On Monday, I went in the NSW Police Games, in triathlon and cycling. Both were a lot of fun. I comfortably swam the 500mtrs ( slowly, but even over took one or two others...) leaving the water about 6 from last. The 20km cycle was solid - i tried to keep the bike above 28km per hr at all times, and achieved that for sure. And then came my favourite leg, the run. I started off slow, letting the run come to me after the bike, and built it up. From about 1.25km i started overtaking people. I got a perverse sense of pleasure overtaking those in tri suits!! Is that wrong :-) I didn't record the times of any of the legs very well, but was under 5km min for the run i think from the rough recording i made. I am stoked with that!!!

In the afternoon, a team of us took part in the 40km cycle. There were dozens of experienced riders, and then us. I learnt the fun of drafting, and since there was a headwind on the long 2km side of the lap, really tried hard to share the load with some other riders on the track. The headwind was tough - it dropped your speed by 10km an hour if you did not put in a BIG effort. I finished that in about 1:20:00, which is better then expected!

All in all, it was a great day - and a great reminder to me that there is nothing like an entry form and payment to get me off my bum and out and exercising!!!


Now...bring on a long weekend, chocolate and the easter show!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, great results in the Games NTR. Look forward to watching a repeat performance on Monday :-)

PS You guys are still planning on going, aren't you?