Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Project "Get Fitness Back"

Project "Get Fitness Back" has begun!!

Fitness is slowly coming back now for Rach and I after some time off...we both have cycled a few times in the last week and swam as well, which is great. I can now (semi)comfortably do 600mtrs without stopping, gasping for air etc...which is good since I am doing my 2nd ever tri next week - the police games - the swim is 500mtrs! I have dibs on last place...thats at 7am, and some fellow IT nerds are doing the cycling that afternoon - 40km....i will sleep well that night i know.

Last night i was out for a 10km run - died in the @ss at 1.5km with asthma, struggled to 2km, then turned around before puking. I didnt take ventolin ( stupid i know ). But my walk home became a shuffle, then a jog, and just before the final turn off the M7 for home, i started feeling good and kept running. So after my crappy start and rest breaks, i did the 10km in 1:01, which I am stoked about. I have been putting off taking part in a study into asthma medications on long distance runners - mainly as i have not been doing any long runs lately - but they emailed me the other day and I really should contribute. It could help them, and help me understand my own condition and parameters better too.....

It was great reading the 6ft reports - and seeing the photos too. I will be there next year inspired once more. Bruce, Scurry and Andre from PPR all had runs that inspired me - thankyou and congratulations!

PS - to get back in shape, i will have to stop eating burgers called "The Fat Bastard" - check out the size of it, and yes, no salad!!

3 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Ah, but the advantage of eating a 'Fat Bastard' is that you look slim by comparison to it!

Enjoy getting your fitness back. you never know where it may lead you! :-)

Gnome

Bennyr said...

So, is that "Fat Bastard" as in the burger is fat or is "Fat Bastard" what it makes you?

I think I got constipated just from looking at the photo!

Jen said...

Geez, you'll sink if you keep eating those things ;-)

See you Easter Monday !