Saturday, October 27, 2007

hot running...NTR

It was another hot day at Parra Park Runners yesterday. However, it was handicap race day, i saw some familiar faces ( Andre from PPR, Terry "the talker" who also runs at SMC, and Thomo from CR ) so it was an enjoyable run. I did the 8.33~km in 41:15 - i was happy with that, although i was secretly hoping for a sub 40...again i keep hoping! I have done it twice in 16 attempts!

Despite craziness at work and home ( hosting two birthday parties in one weekend is not recommended people...), i managed a few runs since the last post..a 21.1km run in 1:55:00, with about 10km of it with BB ( thanks for the run Ray), and a 10km run on the new parkland trails and M7, in 0:55:00 ( something about runs ending in 55mins there! )

I may squeeze in a swim this weekend, as Rach and I are doing a tri ( me the enticer, she the Sprint ) on December 2 with our tri club,the aptly named Hills Tri Club and i need some more swimming practice!

Yes...its only 6 days till i leave for London!!! yay! rach and i both arrive in heathrow about 40mins apart...our embrace might last 6 days!! sigh....nothing more to be said except i can't wait!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!! How exciting - both the holiday & your tri debut!

If I don't get a chance to drop by later this week, I hope you both have a wonderful wonderful holiday!

Unknown said...

You guys are gorgeous! You restore my faith in love.

Give Mouse a big hug from me too.