Monday, June 4, 2007

Alcohol free weekend

After a work function (including drinks and karaoke) on Wednesday night, I felt it was time to be good on Friday and Saturday. I didn't get up for tri club on Sat though - well that was intentional, NTR had to run 25km so he got the early morning run with other CRs on the M7. I, on the other hand slept in - lovely :)

Sunday saw me take Basil for a bit of a jog, then take the two girls for a run to Nurragingy for a picnic. It was great! Played a bit of soccer, ate LOTS and generally relaxed while the kids played.

Today I got up for spin, and also did hills this evening. Trying to get into shape before the chicago trip.

Saw a pic of my accommodation today. The apartment complex has an indoor 25m pool, a health club. and its own outdoor running track - awesome!! I am getting excited and now we are looking for a 1/2 marathon to enter in November. If anyone knows of any in Europe, please comment here! Even considering a marathon if I can train enough in chicago (did i just say that????)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yes you did :-)

Go for it - I have absolutely no doubt that you can do it!

TA and the Gnome said...

I heard that...