Sunday, June 17, 2007

Quiet as a mouse... (Mouse)

I have been very quiet this week, I guess with work, home and training the blog has taken a bit of a beating!! I have however, got some news for everyone...

Mouse is entering the Chicago Marathon!!

I need to enter through a Charity and the one I am most interested in at the moment is called Global Business Assist - http://www.gba.org/templates/cusgba/details.asp?id=21323&PID=403919. They help provide strategic business support to developing communities, as well as reflief and aid funding. They are involved in helping build successful, educated and profitable communities, as opposed to ones which are just surviving on aid efforts.

So... in short I need to add a lot more running to my exercise calendar - eek.... I am hoping to get some corporate sponsorship as well as fundraise through friends. I still need my entry confirmed by GBA but hopefully it will all be sorted and I can get fundraising!!

Off to the shops with NTR and kids, NTR went to Striders STaR this morning so has given me some "Me" time with coffee and the papers while he took the kids out for a while. Thanks babe!! After a weekend inside with the rain and 3 energetic kids, I needed it :)

Also off to update my training calendar with more runs - I am very excited but very nervous as well. Only goal is to finish in around 5 hrs, anything near that will see me a very happy little Mouse. Oh and the merchandise is great too, the ladies will appreciate that, check out the jackets here: http://www.nbwebexpress.com/detail.asp?type=&style=WRJ7305M

4 comments:

Ellie80 said...

hurray! that is very exciting news! when is chicago? I have been amazed by people's generosity in fundraising for NY and I am sure you will find the same! Although I hope your company is more forthcoming than mine!!!

Cheers
Ellie

Jen said...

Woohoo - you go girl !

That is wonderful news Mouse - I am so happy & excited for you. Make sure you let me know how we can donate some funds. It sounds like a very deserving charity

TA and the Gnome said...

Fantastic! How long have you got to wait (down to the minutes... :-)).

Lots of fun training ahead of you. I hope the kids make it possible for you to do lots of your training with Ian.

Gnome

Bennyr said...

Wow.

Two words of advice - run lots. But you knew that.

It's a very cool thing.

Cheers,
Ben