Sunday, June 10, 2007

zero to add ( ntr)

since last saturday i have run zip, nado, nix. Nothing. A combination of factors, culminating in wild weather and me suffering some weird headache abdominal cramps for the last few days. I went to to the Dr's today, who told me to rest, and specifically not to run tomorrow!! But, i think he is right....its seems nature is conspiring against me!! I just hate been told i cant run - its kinda ok when i make my own feeble excuses up, but i don't like being told!

I took mouse to dinner at Tetsuya's this week for her birthday - it was fantastic! The food defies logic - who thinks of cold pea and chocolate soup?? and who would know it tastes fantastic!! Mouse will no doubt write more and post some photos from it soon. For now, i will say it was exquisite!!

Mouse is out riding at the mo,' but i need to put on record what the Dr today did tell me, and things i may told mouse he told me, but really i think he just forgot to say them:
rest
  • don't run
  • drink plenty of water and soup
  • take panadol and buscopan.

what I told mouse the Dr probably meant to say:
  • don't hang washing on the line
  • someone should tickle my knee ( medical term is kn-ickle )
  • eat chocolate
  • don't stretch from the couch to use the remote
  • make sure you get lots of sympathy
  • don't make your own cup of soup

thanks babe for helping me with everything the doctor said, and well, those things he meant to say also!

Things i listened to and watched relating to running this week:
  • Plu's reflections on coolrunning - very cool, like plu.
  • Podcast from http://phedippidations.com/ This guys runs in Oxford Massachusetts., through rain, snow, and ice!! An interesting podcast if you stick with it - i just listed episode 85 on steve prefontaine - really interesting, and sad. I use itunes to find and download podcasts..not the link above actually.
Signing off, after a quiet week of running, wild weather and a bit of illness. I am sure next week will be better!


google musing: there are about 88,100 hits for " zero to add ( ntr)".....wonder what they all are?

2 comments:

plu said...

Steve from Phepp... is really good. I actually sent him and email and he replied last year. Thanks for the mention

cheers PLu

blues buffett said...

What does a weird headache abdominal cramp feel like exactly?

I reckon I'd have one after I checked out my credit card post-Tetsuya's. Youch!

Good time to be not running Ian. Beats jumping over all those fallen tree branches and ruining the shoes in thick mud!