Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A change in training ( NTR )

I managed to squeeze in a bit of running in the last week or so, which is good given the circumstances. I ran with a friend at work for about 5km last week. It was run, stop, walk, walk, run. But that was fine, i was happy to get outside and do something positive with someone, as opposed to just run by myself, perhaps a bit further/faster.

I did the same again today, but with someone else at work - i suspect i might get a little group going on Wednesday running up to Parra Park, across the middle road, and back again. On the way back, saw about 40 officers getting ready for the night shift for APEC crossing the road - the cargo gear they wear always looks tougher on cops then the standard uniform!

Last Friday I did Parra Park Runners, in 42mins. It was a killer and i thought i was definately under 40mins - really strange. But had a good run, and went straight to pick the kids up from school. Funny thing - i got changed at work, and left my building, and then did the race, all with my singlet inside out. What a plod.

The definate highlight of the week was going to BRICK training with Hills Tri Club. I really enjoyed it - it was tough, challenging and yet you were in control of how hard you went. The ab work at the end was soooo tough - probably cause I have no abs, i now know!! I am so weak in stomach, and thus back, strength! I met some nice people at Tri club ( Al - who showed me the ropes, and Gav another new guy there, plus others. ) I cant swim more then 100mtres at the 'mo, so I am hoping to do some slow laps with my uncle ray at blacktown pool soon, and do my first Tri in December with my gorgeous Rach. Yee ha!!

Heres my bike...a Peugeot Mont Blanc - its purple. its real nice. I love it.

Finally to wrap up my running stuff, I entered the Sydney Half Marathon - i am bib # 6005! For the first time, Rach and I will be doing half marathons a few weeks apart...just not together! :-(

Diet is getting better this week, coffee is down to 3 cups a day, but my sleep is still eratic and just not long or deep enough.....i am trying a Kaluha night cap tonight....mmmm. ( not exactly healthy, but surely it will count as medicinal )

4 comments:

Blair said...

If you want to give up caffeine check out this link: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-give-up-coffee/

I was drinking four cups of coffee a day and after eight weeks I wasn't drinking any coffee. I found that I now sleep a lot better and have more energy during the day.

Jen said...

Woohoo! It's going to be a big summer for both of us!

I suspect that you will make your tri debut before I will. However home is only about 3mins drive from the Regatta Centre at Penrith so I'll try & be there to cheer you on during your first!

thomo said...

Hey NTR,

Sounds like the S.w.a.t team did they go hut, hut, and so on?

Should of offered donuts, that way more police will join you on the runs.

Rohan would like your bike, very old school. Would go well in the brick session.

Get your training back up or Mouse will hammer you.

thomo

Mouse_and_NTR said...

Thomo, I will hammer him in the swim then he will probably catch me on the bike and definitely on the run. Will resort to dirty tactics if I have to, I may not as talented but I am much more competitive!!