Monday, August 27, 2007

CoolRunning in Chicago - Proof!


Well yesterday saw me heading out at 7:30am to the hotel where my friend Gina is staying. it was about 2km away so was a nice warmup. After picking up Gina we then proceeded to run to lake Michigan, we headed south along the lake then we headed back north and ran around the city.


All in all it was close to 2.5 hours for me and about 2okm so I was feeling pretty pleased with myself :) The run felt good, we were only running slowly, about 6.5min pace but to be able to hold it for so long was a great feeling!!


Bring on the Chicago half!! I will be flying the CR colours during the run, hopefully along with my striders singlet. This will probably be only run I have been in where the blue and gold colours will be the exception as opposed to the rule :)


Oh also did some more shopping yesterday, I found a place here called bath and body works - it is the most amazing cosmetics store I have ever seen. I bought every item in their "japanese cheery blossom" line, they smell fabulous and were very reasonably priced. I also bought a killer pair of stilettos, totally impractical but they are just stunning!

All in all a pretty good day me thinks.


3 comments:

Mouse_and_NTR said...

I havent forogtten what you look like, but i am reminded that you still look good...i mean..real good ;-)

Jen said...

Love the shopping reports Mouse!

Glad to hear that you are settling in well AND flying the CR flag. Can't wait to read your race report.

Take care !

TA and the Gnome said...

OK. We want to see the official race photo showing;
a) your CR hat and Striders singlet, and
b) that you ran the half in the stilettos!

Gnome :-)