Sunday, September 30, 2007

A couple of runs....( ntr)

Its been a while since putting pen to paper ( so to speak ) in this blog. ....

I've done 6 runs since last post....two with a friend at work who is just starting and trying to get fit. These are normally Wednesday lunch time, up to parra park, cut through the middle, and back to work.About 4-5km i think. Not a challenge, but a nice run, good to be away from the desk for an hour, have a chat and help someone.

SMC Race 1- after missing my alarm and nearly missing it ( yikes! ) i had a great time - ran a little with Rags ( as i always seems to do - i think i force him to start slow! ), then chased and got chased for the rest in friendly competition and jest. Finished the half in 1.50.04. I then updated the SMC website with results, which i think took just as long!

Sydney Running Festival - Half Marathon - A GREAT DAY! I really enjoy this course ( all of it, including the city west link - but mainly the run over the bridge on the road ( you can only do this in this event or if drunk ), over the darling harbour flyovers, and in particular, the finish around the Quay is fantastic!! I am seriously thinking this will be a marathon event for me next year...just for the finish!! I ran with Andy from work - it was his first organised run, and a single use of the garmin the week prior indicated a 6:30min/km pace. We finished in 2:03, and could have gone harder and faster - we chatted the whole way. However, my legs certainly knew i did 21.1km, regardless of the time. The day was drenched in sun, and the city seemed to be full of CR's who Mouse and I kinda know now after 3 years of running, so the day was all round a great day - (ps have i said how much i miss Rach yet....I MISS MY MOUSE!! )

Parra Park Runners - Friday 1pm - 28c, windy. My little running log entry says its all: "parra run - felt I was pacing OK but must have got it wrong...man, it was the first hot day, breezy and after the half on Sunday, my legs were shot!" I finished in 48 minutes or something...didn't really take it in at the end, i was cooked!

BRICK Session with Hills Tri Club : This was really cool! Started with drills the same as FreeSpiritFitness Run Club ( so i know they are good! ) about 10km on the bike, then 2 2km loops running, each with 2 hill reps - they BURNT my quads!!. Then another 6km on the bike, a final 2km loop running, with another hill rep. It was a great session "just tough enough" i think - i was hurting but in that enjoyable good way, youknowwhaddamean? At the end of the session i realised again i have NO abs. I must be been born without them. I cannot do the ab strengthening exercises - they just hurt my back too much. :-(

Well, its Sunday of the long weekend - i have mowing, cleaning and edging to do. Then I am off for my first ever swimming session at blacktown pools- hope i don't sink!! I am aiming to do maybe 10-15 laps? Who knows....

I was ( is the past tense telling? ) planning on doing the Fitzroy Falls Marathon ( indeed i tried to enter...just forgot to put entry form in the envelope i sent them!! ) but BennyR has been unwell and not entering. If i do a good 30km run tomorrow, then I will still go. If it bombs, then i will pull out i think....i dunno...i could be convinced either way!

Exciting news....tomorrow i can say "Rach and I meet in London next month". And in 3 days, i can say " in less then a month, Rach and I will be together in London" L -day is what we call it!! we are counting it down!!!

Rach has been hitting the gym hard and swimming, not to mention doing the Chicago Half!!! Yeah baby!! In a city alone, in a run alone - that's a great effort!!! Cant wait to tun around Hyde Park, down the Champs Elysées past the Louvre, over the bridges in Venice....I think the M7 runs we do wont be as interesting when we come back!!

When your loved one is away for so long, you can go on, get to work, eat, sleep....but its like there is a constant hunger, a constant yearning that shadows you...its with you everywhere you go, wishing they were with you. So yes, you can go about your business, but its just not the same....nearly a month to go till L day!

2 comments:

Mouse_and_NTR said...

Less than a month to go now babe!!!! Italy is almost booked so bring on L-day! xxx

Jen said...

So NOW you can say L-day is NEXT MONTH! I'm so excited for you both.

PS R said to say thanks for your very kind words