Monday, February 5, 2007

1st post and triathlon update

Well... Here we are, after almost 2 years of running we have decided to start our own blog. 1st up on the Agenda is the Women's triathlon I (mouse) went in at Penrith yesterday.

We arrived at about 6:30am, not that early compared to other early starts but I still managed to nap on the way (and no, I was not the driver yesterday!!). I saw Tiger Angel whilst registering which was lovely and eased my nerves a tad. Registration was easy and I pretty pleased to see I got a t-shirt and a towel chamois thing for my entry fee. I was also feeling very pelased with myself having bought a new outfit for triathlons. I have discovered the Speedo "Swym" range and they rock - my light blue ensemble was just the thing to get me motivated! I also noticed sfGnome had his camera out, I was quite happy he had captured my outfit's first outing.

Onto the more serious race stuff... I was 7th out of the water, 14th finishing the ride and 21st finishing the run. As nite_time_runner pointed out, I lost 7 places in each leg - at least I am consistent! I felt fine when I finished and still had a lot left in the tank this time so I definitely need to step it up. Main outcome is I need to work on my riding and running, swiming is coming along nicely with very little training but I know I can also knock at least a minute or so off that easily once I start more serious squad training. Final time was 43:57 which was a minute quicker than last month.

All in all it was a great day and the macaroni and cheese nite_time_runner and I had for lunch afterwards was fabulous.

No comments: