Sunday, February 25, 2007

Running, gym and more shopping

Well the run didn't quite go as planned, I ended up out there for about 1/2 hour before it started raining and got very cold. So... headed back to the hotel gym where I spent a very boring hour on the treadmill and using the weights. Felt great afterwards but as I said, it was pretty boring!

There was a Chinese New Year festival on down at the wharf. I saw some of the shows just before my run, it was fantastic! Lot of fashion parades, kids dancing and generally lots of fun. With a coffee in hand, a good book and some sunshine, it made for a very enjoyable morning.

Tomorrow morning is another run and hopefully a swim in the evening. Hopefully tomorrow I can confirm if I can come back on Wednesday, it might be a very long day/night tomorrow but getting home early would make it worth it!

Hoping other CR's are in for the triathlon on Saturday - it starts at 5:30 in the evening which is a bit different for me. I am used to extremely early mornings for these things. I am also hoping my swimming and cycling buddy Bec is competing also. Bec is very fit and I think did her last sprint distance in about 1hr 20 or something. I will be chasing her that's for sure!!!

Off to do some work now and get set for tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from NTR and hearing how his run with Chunderbolt went today. We have also been invited to Des's baby shower which is very exciting. I will have to go shopping for some cool baby clothes/toys, but it will be lovely to see them again before "digger" is due :)

Dinner tonight was butter chicken which was great but I am feeling very heavy and like I need ot run it off! Will have to stick to healthy food tomorrow to get back on track I think. Also bought Ian and the kids some presents today - I can't wait to see them!! In a spur of the moment online shopping frenzy I also bought the Nike sport kit for my ipod along with the sport armband. I am very excited. I know they are not nearly as accurate as my garmin but it will be perfect for me. I am giving the garmin to Ian to help him train for Canberra and hopefully six foot in 2008.

I am such a proud girlfriend - he is just doing so, so well with his training. He must be a very natural runner as he really doesn't train all that much but he is killing his PBs every time he runs. Well done babe!!

No comments: