Saturday, February 17, 2007

...the lure of lunch time and handball ( by NTR)

Its Saturday night, and I am getting my gear ready for SMC tomorrow - 25km, hopefully all at my target marathon pace - see what happens.

Had two runs this week - hill rep ( not reps ) and a fast run. Both were tough. The hills/asthma got me, and I only did one run up the hill for reps, and bailed. :-( Then on Friday, I was planning to go to Parramatta Park Runners, and just as I was leaving, got a call that my daughter was in the school sick bay with a sore tooth, so i ditched the parra park, and raced to school. I get there, and find out that the tooth was cured by some kind words and the lure of lunch time and handball!! ( that would still work for me too!! )

So i did an out and back the same distance as parra park but on the M7 at 1:30pm - it was hot and humid, i walked stacks, but still managed a reasonable time of 44.41.

Honestly, some weeks are just tough to run in, and this felt like one of them. I think i need to look at my sleep and diet...stress at work has not helped either i guess... Mouse had personal training this morning - she is so good at sticking her plans lately, its great!! She is going out tonight though, but still plans to be at SMC for the 10km tomorrow....

3 comments:

blues buffett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blues buffett said...

Congrats on the blog and the training.

Why not add your blog to one of the CR teams?

See you on the M7 sometime....

TA and the Gnome said...

Welcome to blog land (and thanks for the words from the good doctor! :-) )

NTR, I have a hint about making your training easier - don't run at 1:30 in Summer (!!!!)

If there's any more useful knowledge I can pass on, be sure to ask :-)

Gnome