Friday, February 9, 2007

Too much swimming

I missed RunClub last night. So much for my eventual return, but dinner with nite_time_runner was too good to pass up. We were finally able to eat dinner together at the same time (albeit not til 8:30pm!!) so I went straight home and enjoyed that whilst watching episodes 7-10 of Heroes. I stopped at 10 as we only have episodes 11 and 12 to go and I don't want the withdrawals of waiting for more to come from our friends.

So, after feeling a little guilty for not runnign last night, I woke this morning way to early and stumbled to the car to drive to Baulkham Hills pool to meet my friend Bec for laps. Bec was a bit late so I jumped in a did 400m easy to warm up. I decided today I was going to do some fast stuff first, then a long swim, then some more fast stuff to finish. I did 2 x 100m fast with 30sec recovery then swam 1km pretty steady and finished with another 2 x 100m fast, again with 30sec recovery. Funny but I actually felt better doing the last 100m fast (maybe because I knew it was the last one!) than I did doing the first one. All in all a good morning and a great way to start my Friday.

Lucky I swam this morning as today is an eating day. I have a work lunch and then a work dinner with drinks - yum, free food is the best!! I even bought clothes to change into for this evening including my gorgeous silver stillettos which are impossible to walk in but look fabulous. They seem to end up in my hands by the end of the night every time I go out but they are so gorgeous they are worth the pain :)

Tomorrow should be a long ride with Bec and her boyfriend Ian (I still think it is hilarious we both have partners called Ian, makes for funny conversations) but depending on how good the sangria is at the spanish restaurant this evening will determine whether I ride or not... At the very least a ride/run combo will be completed by dinner time tomorrow.

No comments: