Thursday, April 12, 2007

three more sleeps... (ntr)

Not long to go now till Canberra marathon - and i feel pretty ordinary. Kids,mouse and I have sniffles and colds!! But, i refuse to let that distract me...i started training for this a few days after xmas past, with a max of 3 runs a week, and an average of 2. Originally the aim was sub 4hours so i can do the 6foot track next year, but after a training run on Australia Day, i think i love the bush, want to get into trail running some more, but not sure if 6foot is for me. However, the dream lives on and i am sticking to the sub 4 hour plan!!

I have run 466km since dec 28 2006, most with Sunday in mind!

So come rain, hail or shine - clear head or head cold - good or bad sleep - run gods and moon aligning or not - I am giving it my best shot, and am pretty damn excited now!!!

Thanks to running friends who offered advice and encouragement along the way - i really appreciate it!! And mouse...you KNOW i could not have gotten this far with you!! xxx

Full report in a few days time!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have the perfect attitude going into this Ian. I had a cold going into Six Foot - just trust in your training & just it your best shot. Control your thoughts & your body will follow.

Best of luck - see you Saturday!

J

PS Six Foot is for you - trust me :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

Best of luck! Hopefully I'll see you down there. Enjoy the run; you only get one first time :-)

Gnome