Saturday, July 28, 2007

dear diary....ntr

Its the night before the cities marathon, and the word for the night is melancholy.

Mouse left for Chicago today - and whilst we fought back tears at the departure door, they flowed when she left and the doors slid shut....Opportunities to experience what she is doing are few and far between and need to be embraced whole heartedly and I am proud of her ability to grasp this one inspite of some fears....she is missed already ( me and the kids ), but I am excited to hear how the trip over was, and how her adventure began!

So...focus now....i have done 223 km (but who is counting..) in last 8 weeks leading up to tomorrow. I dare not blow that, and the wave of goodvibes i am getting from lots of people, by not getting my act together tonight and in the morning!

Feeling better now I have gotten a little of my feelings out into the almost anonymous ether...I am off to lay my clothes out for tomorrow, have a green tea, shower and get to bed....oh..and eat a little chocolate for Rach( ;-) love you babe... )

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Fantastic result, Ian (and on your home marathon too!). This one will stick in your memory for a long time. I'll bet anything that Mouse has a good cry sometime in the next 24 hours, and I wouldn't be surprised if you do too :-)

Congrats again. Enjoy the break from training for a while.

Gnome

Mouse_and_NTR said...

Congratulations babe - but where is the blog update??!! I wish I was there to see it but I was thinking of you every step.

Now take a break, eat some chocolate and start on mission number two: getting used to drinking REAL coffee (aka espresso/short black with 2 sugars) in lieu of our trip to Europe!! I love you and I will be seeing you soon. xxx

Mouse