Monday, July 30, 2007

from little things BIG things grew.....(ntr)

I now have the time and mental space to describe the best achievement this year - yes , as written, Rach and I are getting married!

Last weekend was just perfect....It started with a weekend away at Manly, a very special place for us from when we first started seeing each other, and the perfect place to go for a walk to a look out over the ocean...We planned to go all the way to the north head, but as the sun was setting behind us, and a school of dolphins swimming below us...( and began getting nervous I could hide the ring from her much longer), I asked Rach to marry me, with a ring presented just so....and she went still...nothing....and then out came a few omg's!! Is that a yes I asked?? “Yes it’s a yes!!”

The kids are so excited - actually they were with me when I bought the ring, so they did a good job keeping it a secret for so long!!!

Now, this is very relevant to a running blog – Rach and I started running together 3 years ago…the same time we started seeing each other. Over that time, we have cheered each other on, gotten each other out of bed to go train (well, rach gets me out - I am too sleepy!), driven each other around to events, nursed each others aches, pains and frustrations – and along the way went from being colleagues, to an item, then a couple, then a family, and soon husband and wife.

See what running can do!

ohh.....another little story....after umteem blog posts about training, many more sessions actaully training, a failed attempt in Canberra, and oodles of support from friends and fellow runners, I cracked 4 hours in a marathon! I have been trying to be more concise on CoolRunning, and details things more here, but this time, i wrote the marathon story there instead < if your interested >
hmmmm.....whats next...maybe a certain run in the blue mountains next year....sounds easy...a few feet is so much shorter then 42.2km!! right??

3 comments:

Jen said...

Woohoo on all counts. Once again NTR my love & congratulations to you.

And now that you've qualified, there is NO WAY you will be able to resist the lure of Six Foot. Trust me on that !

blues buffett said...

Thought I'd better add a comment on the blog!

Great job Sunday - now for 6'?

Hope all's well with Rach.

See you Sat 9am...

Sekhmet said...

Congratulations - will this be the first Cool Running Wedding???

You know what they say - the couple that runs together stays together!