Sunday, July 22, 2007

We are getting married!!

That's right folks, Nite_time_runner and Mouse are engaged!!

We spent the night in Manly last night, at an apartment we first went to when we met. After a walk along the beach and up the hill to the lookout next to North Head, we saw dolphins playing in the sea, it was beautiful! Nite_time_runner then asked me to marry him. I was totally shocked and very quiet (which for me is amazing) but managed to squeak out a resounding YES!

I was ok until I spoke to my parents and they were both a bit teary so that started me off but I could not get the smile off my face and still haven't :-) We then celebrated with champagne and pizza in our room before heading to the pub to watch the soccer and have a couple of beers. The night was perfect - very low key and very "us".

I messaged a few close friends and their support and happiness for us was overwhelming.

It is a bit sad though, I head to Chicago next Saturday for 3 months, but after that I am meting Ian in London and we have a month to travel Europe and see the world. I can't wait for that bit!! It is hard to leave my husband-to-be and my soon to be step kids here though and the 3 months in the US will be tough. But with the blog, our web cams, email and phones I am sure we will manage.

I am sure NTR will write more soon but I just had to share the good news :-)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Woohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sensational news. I am sooo happy for you both - congratulations.

Mouse, have a great trip & I'm looking forward to reading about it. And Ian, best of luck next weekend!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news! You'd better come to RunClub before you head to the US so we can celebrate!

plu said...

Great stuff - congrats.

Plugds

TA and the Gnome said...

(((TA & Gnome dance around the room))) Fantastic news. I loved the celebrations - off to the pub to watch footy :-)

The three months will seem to drag but they'll be gone in a flash, really.

Congratulations again.

Gnome

Anth said...

NTR/Mouse,

Congrats guys, that is brilliant news.

Well done to you both!

cheers,
Anth

blues buffett said...

Well done both of you. Hopefully no jokes about Honest Woman etc.
More details forthcoming? eg WHEN, where?

Ian, will you stay focused on the Marathon?

Hope to see you Sunday (you can run, I'll watch - just need to get a good vantage point sorted!)

thomo said...

Way to go!!

Make sure the kids are asleep when webcam goes into high gear. I know I said that at SMC Presentation Night directly. Can't help myself.

BTW I think Ian should update his photo he looks quite different being a soon to be sub 4hr marathon runner.