Wednesday, July 4, 2007

sniff sniff....(NTR)

all this running business makes me sick i have realised! I've got a cold this week, and i think its from some early morning adventures! On Sunday, i did a 37km run - yeah thats right, nearly marathon! I did it in 3:29 which i am really chuffed with. The best part of it, was that i felt great and like i could have gone on to run another 5 km in 30 mins. I really hope i have the same good fortune on July 29 at Cities.

I have been stiff and sore in the legs since the run, but last night had a good jog with Mouse, and the legs feel much better. Again, it was great to just run without a pace or program to achieve last night - and Basil the Beagle came to!

We are going to our first Striders 10km run this weekend - i am interested to see the disposition and attitude of the people there, as this is the first we have been to. Only other 10km runs we have done are SMC or fun runs.

I just watched Craig Mottram win the 5km race in Ostrava ( dont ask me where that is!! ) - he did it in 13:05. That is amazing! He was the only non-african i could see in the race, and makes his pace look so easy and natural!!

I am off now to sniff, sneeze and wallow in my own self pity...i am entitle to that for a day surely!!

4 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Just remember that lots of training lowers your immunity, so be careful. Make sure that you give yourself a 50% week every 4th one. See you at Striders. It's bigger than SMC, but just as much fun :-)

Gnome

blues buffett said...

You'll have to watch those early mornings: I can't seem to do them during winter - that's why the M7 (and now Nurragingi) is attractive.
37k is a sensational training run. No wonder you're tired. I hit 18k last Sunday on the M7 - I can't imagine getting to Rooty Hill, turning around and doing it all over!

Bennyr said...

Rest up for tomorrow. It will be good to catch up.

Cheers,
Ben

Jen said...

Take care of yourself - it is *really* important now to listen to your body. Not long to go - woohoo!!