Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chicago half marathon

Care of NTR - mouse is entered into the Chicago half marathon! My attempts at entering the full for a charity didn't work out due to a lack of spots so this is a great alternative!! NTR has posted my new striders singlet to me too so I can wear that and my CR cap in the event - with some pants of course ;-)

I have been doing a fair bit of running at the gym and along the lake but nothing longer than 1 hr so the distance is a little intimidating. I have run plenty of halves on less training though so I should be fine. My aim for the day is to do under 2:30, anythign under that will see me all smiles. I just want to enjoy it :-)

I also have a friend who lives in Calgary coming to Chicago this weekend and we have setup a long run on Saturday morning which will be great. I ran the GC half with her and we are pretty much the same pace so my training run should be very enjoyable.

My visit to the outlet malls proved very effective, cheered me right up. 5 handbags, 2 pairs of sunglasses and loads of clothes later and I was feeling pleasantly dazed and confused. Gotta love that shopping high!

As it is summer here there are a lot of summer fruits out in the stores so grocery shopping yesterday saw me buy loads of strawberries, rasberries, grapes and oranges. Should make for a healthy week, I also bought a taco kit. People here seem to eat a LOT of mexican food so I thought I would make my own healthier version rather than take away burritos....

Feeling much better and Ian has managed to cheer me right up. We have now planned the first leg of our trip, flights to London are booked, Londond accommodation is booked and Paris is almost booked - yay! I am very excited about it, I will not have seen Ian for 3 months.... I have soem friends living in london so seeing them will be fantastic too.

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Running with your friend this week sounds like something the Dr. has ordered.

Won't be tooo long before Ian is there and besides you are going to be married forever :-). keep enjoying the experience.

TA

Jen said...

TA is right - it won't be long until you are together permanently. Keep smiling & enjoying the experience. Not long now until Paris :-)