Friday, August 10, 2007

Mouse is in chicago

Well I have been here almost 2 weeks now and have been for a couple of runs. I am goign to have to spot myself on CR as I don't think anyone has seen the CR cap yet!! There is an awesome running track on Lake Michigan, right around the bay, it is lovely. I am going to go for a run tonight actually after work, such a great way to wind down!

My apartment is small but very nice. They clean it once a week too which is great, I have been trying to keep it tidy but I have so many computers, network cables, web cam etc that is looks a bit like a control room at the moment. I have been working out of the city so I haven't been able to enjoyt he 5 min walk to the Chicago office. Tomorrow though I am workign from there, I am already looking forward to the sleep in!!

I miss NTR and the kids a lot - we have been able to chat twice a day which is great but everytime we chat in my AM, I am running late for work so can't spend too much time on the phone - I need to work on that one.... My parents have been calling a lot too which is great and I am keeping in touch with my brother and his girlfriend via email.

I went to Lollapalooza on the weekend, a big music festival in Chicago. I saw Amy Winehouse, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam and lots of other bands too, it was great. I also found a bar the other night that has $1 bud lights on Tuesdays, pity it tastes so bad but for $1 I wasn't going to complain!!

I will update some photos too soon, I need to take a lot more, work is really getting in the way of my tiem here! Haha.

Can't wait to meet NTR in Europe, we booked his flights this week, return flight to London paid for by frequent flyers, gotta love that! Pity we have to pay the taxes but it is soooo much cheaper doing it this way. Finding runs in Europe is my next challenge, if anyone knows any good tracks in London, Italy (Rome and florence I think), paris or Prague, please let us know!

Chicago adventures to be continued.....

2 comments:

Jen said...

Mouse, I'm glad to hear that you have settled in well to life in Chicago.

Your trip to Europe with NTR sounds wonderful. I didn't run when I was in Paris but I remember thinking it would be an incredible place to run. From recollection, I'm pretty sure that the Seine has a footpath on either side of it. There are quite a few small & beautiful parks through central Paris (and a larger one a bit further out whose name I forget) so you could quite easily wind your way through central Paris from Notre Dame, up past the Lourve, up to the Arc de Triomphe, then across the river, around the Eiffel Towne & back down the left bank. Sensational. Thinking about it makes me want to go back! It's one of my favourite cites in the whole world!

Take care - can't wait to see some photos !

Sekhmet said...

Hi Mouse - Blkbox will be in Chicago next saturday afternoon - not sure where he is staying but it will be one of the bigger hotels in town - do you fancy catching up with him for a run??? He might be a bit weary as he is flying in from Sydney via LA. Should be at the hotel around 4.30ish pm providing QANTAS keep up their end of the time table.PM me via CR if you are interested