Thursday, August 9, 2007

the new goals...ntr

Since my great run at cities ( which i really dont think i celebrated enough to be honest!! ) I have had time to think about goals for the rest of the year ( not thinking past that! ) and have decided to focus on increasing my speed over shorter distances. And the distances are 8.33km ( Parramatta Park Runners course ) and 21.1km. After running today with CR Mango, and chatting about goals, i really felt i needed to get them down on paper( or web...whatever!) and start to plan around them.

As Mouse is away, I won't be training as much, or should I say, like i used to. I can slip up to 2 runs a week in at work lunch time, but they have to be short, with the a max of 1 hour out running, and then 20 mins getting changes and showered etc. Each weekend the kids are home, I am sure I can do another short run, with the kids riding their bikes or something with me. And every second weekend, fill it up with long runs!! One on Saturday, and one on Sunday!

So, the goals for the rest of the year are:
Run in Europe with Mouse - enough said...it will be great!
Parra Park Runners 8.33km - 36:00. Current PB is 0:38:43, so it will be tough, but with 4 months available this year ( 1 month in Europe :-) with my FIANCE ) it is possibly achievable!
Half Marathon: 1:43:00. Current PB is 1:46 ( set Dec 06 at Central Coast) I am hoping that by not walking, and taking my own drink belt on the 21.1km journey, i can shave a minute or so off without trying too much, and that my parra park running might dovetail nicely into better speed over the longer course. I think i can do it!

So there they are, my goals for the rest of the year!

In other news, thanks to Mango for the run today, and CR Blues Buffet last weekend, I have managed to keep off the "post big event blues" better then ever before! I have signed up for the Bankstown Hidden Half on August 19, which is rumoured to be very hilly, and also very supportive, so that is a good long run to start back with i think after cities.

I am enjoying the little bits of SMC web development work - i find it really challenging and can find myself spending way to long researching techniques etc when I really should be in bed! But, its enjoyable, and fills in my nights now....

I am definately in for the Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon on October 13 or 14, and hoping some other CR's want to meet up for it. Sounds like a really cool thing to be part of.

Next post: hopefully it will be full of energy, complete with a training plan to match the goals, and include details on where Mouse and I will be running in London Rome and Paris!

2 comments:

Jen said...

NTR, glad to hear that you avoided the post-marathon blues and that your recovery is going well. I'm sorry to hear that we won't be catching up with you at C2S but hopefully soon time soon

PS Thank you :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

You'll find that as you come down from the concentrated marathon training, you'll get faster and faster. The post-marathon golden-PB-period awaits you!

Gnome