Sunday, May 27, 2007

47km in 2 days

Well I am tired, as my title says it has been a BIG weekend!! Yesterday saw us taking Basil the Beagle for a run in the morning to get the papers, then in the afternoon we did 18km together on our bikes. Then this morning I rode up the Blacktown Olympic Park (about 8-9km) for the 10km fun run. Ian was already there having run up to the park, run in the 4km and was waiting for me for the 10! We saw Mango, Blues Buffet and John (sorry mate, cannot remember your CR name!).

Ian paced me and did a wonderful job. I have been trying to get back under 1hr for 10km for about 12 months now. I went from 105, to 104, to 102 and now to 58.20!!!!!! Thanks babe, you are the sweetest, most inspiring man in my life!! I felt like I was going to vomit there for a while though, he really paced me well, kept at my limit for most of the race. Then I cycled on the M7 back home. My legs are soooo tired right now!! Think I am off to have a nap soon.

NTR has gone to the shop to buy me some M&Ms - he is taking NTR Jr to IMAX to see Spiderman 3 so I think he is trying to help me relax and enjoy the quiet house for a change!! I was craving chocolate and as always, he stepped up and offered to go buy it. I am in a mushy mood, that's right but I don't care - this is my blog and I can be mushy if I want! ;-)

A BIG thankyou to my best friend, my favourite runner, and my alround favourite person, for pushing me when I need it and taking the time to pace me and help me achieve a goal I have been chasing for the last 12 months. I better go before I make other people vomit....

P.S. I have found a name for my little girl - she is my aqua angel and from here on in, will be called Angel

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are going to have to try harder than that if you want to make me vomit ;-)

Enjoy your relaxing afternoon!

TA and the Gnome said...

Hey, he almost made you vomit. Why shouldn't you do the same to us... :-)

Congratulations not only on breaking the 60 by a good margin, but more so on saddling up and riding home. Seriously fit!

Gnome

thomo said...

Mouse, I must be following your performances in reverse. 60 mins is just a memory here comes 70 mins for me. Weight, don't mention it, please.

Well done. You will have to ride to SMC next series that is the key.

After reading your (& NTR's) post I am like my brother a diabetic. No, just kidding.