Tuesday, May 1, 2007

always start a program on the scheduled "Day Off" - NTR

thanks Paul for the training program from endurance training - i have started the novice program for the marathon. I can say i started at the end of week 6 ( lucky for me it was called "day off"!! ), but have now done:
Day Off
Long Aerobic 20km ( bathurst half )
Cross Training - 40 mins on my rusty mountain bike last night.
Run Cruise Intervals - did this today, looking like a sponsor board for Aldi, wearing the brand new long pants and jacket!

Funny thing i noticed...my 8km bike ride last night was only a few mins faster then my 8km fast run....to which i told Mouse "gee i must a really really fast runner to go as fast as a bike" The fact my bike and I squeaks, clicks and sings with amusement as i ride, it did not occur to me that this explains my cruisy ride speed!

I am feeling really good lately - energy levels way up, i think i am more relaxed, and the whole family are just eating better and enjoying each others time a lot more in the last month or so. Mouses kick start program, the trip to canberra and some time off work have done us all wonders!!

1 comment:

Bennyr said...

We really enjoyed catching up with you guys on the weekend, and thanks for your comments regarding my run.

There's nothing wrong with being kitted out by Crane Sports. I've discovered that you can get some awesome things from Aldi ;).

I hope those energy levels continue for you, NTR. It makes training a whole lot easier.

Cheers,
Ben