Sunday, May 20, 2007

hillbilly half...(ntr)

after a week of no running due to a cold and general absolute exhaustion, todays long run was blerk. I knew 1km in that this would be ugly and it was. I just felt so flat, and not into it - all i could hear in my head was "am i bovvered?".

That aside, this was a good new route for me - basically from quakers hill out to riverstone and back, via the big rural blocks, where it seemed everyone had something for sale, something rusting, and a sheep,goat and cow. A much needed change of scenery from the M7. The general direction suggested by CR enjay - cheers. This is a course that will no doubt become a regular long run for me. The gmap of it is here: hillbilly half

This coming week is the week of proper eating, sleeping and training!!! Yah, bring it on!

Google musing... about 13,600 hits for hillbilly half...(ntr) before posting. Wonder what they all are.

2 comments:

Bennyr said...

Nice run - I'm reasonably familiar with that area. It would be like the runs I used to do out at the turf farms in the Hawkesbury.

I love the smell of chook s*#t in the morning.

Any plans for SMC on Sunday? I'm about 50%.

blues buffett said...

I know that course! I've done it, although started from Kellyville Ridge and ended up at Hambledon Rd. I turn (at your point 14) inland, and end up at Riverstone via the quieter streets, not Railway Terrace. I sometimes head further to Vineyard. But only if Mrs BB picks me up from there - too long for a return run.It ends up about 18k.