Sunday, May 6, 2007

long run and a new bike (ntr)

a good weekend - shame its nearly over...

yesterday, mouse and I went to pick a road bike she bought for me off ebay (thanks babe! ) - i don't know too much about bikes/brands/specs, but it looks good, handles well, and the gears just click into where they are supposed to - perfect for me. I am dreading and excited about doing a BRICK session with mouse and the hills tri club on saturday - i think its going to hurt!

As we picked the bike up from Brighton le-sands at about 6pm, the girls and I had a small night time picnic on the waters edge counting planes and staring at the massive fullmoon last night! A really cool night for all of us, very different to what we would normally consider for dinner!

As for running, i did a 28km run today, in 2:41 mins, which is 5:45 pace - exactly what i wanted. Spot on. So far, my new training regime is going OK - i like the variety in it. A lot of cyclists out today - most ignored my greetings, some flew past within cm's of my elbow...very different to what i normally see. Maybe they should run instead, seems that riding makes them grumpy. ( mental note: when riding on m7, acknowledge all runners! )

Mouse got a great recipe today for healthy scones from rellies visiting from QLD......cant wait for her to try it out!!

Dumb musing: Before posting this, a google on the title "long run and a new bike (ntr)" results in 22,900 results...wonder what they all are?

No comments: