Sunday, March 11, 2007

12 min PB!!

Woo hooo!! As the title suggests, I had a great morning out at Kurnell. I knocked 12 mins off my sprint time from last week (granted last week's race was in horrendous heat) but still, it is a PB to me! Finished in 1:33:45 with HUGE smile on my face. I think I smiled all the way home, I am sure the girl at McDonalds who handed me my latte thought I was on happy drugs. Nite_time_runner wasn't there to see it though, he was too busy doing a 40KM training run along the M7 - crazy boy.... 40km is a long way to drive, let alone run!

The swim today was tough, I have never swum a proper open water event before and I couldn't see a thing so I am sure I was swimming very crooked. I couldn't believe how much tougher it was than the regatta centre! Every breath seemed to end with a mouthful of water. But I did mange it in an ok time, 17mins or so, pretty pleased with that as I didn't race at all, really just tried to relax and enjoy it.

The ride seemed much easier than last time, maybe because I didn't try to have a drink!! Haha, no I think my legs are a bit stronger and I also don't think it was 20km, my computer came up with 18.7 - hmmmm. But time was 47mins which is about the same as last week, funny that it felt so much better this time round.

The run was weird, 3 laps up and down some hilly tracks and lots of sand. I walked a tiny bit while I grabbed a drink on the 2nd and third lap but felt good and did a faster last lap to leave me with a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Seeing my time as I ran through the finish left me ecstatic, I was aiming for 1:35 - 1:40 so I am very, very happy :)

Off to eat some chocolate with Ian - we deserve it!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations on your huge PB. So what's next on the agenda for you?

Bennyr said...

Well done both of you.

Congratulations on the PB, Mouse.

Now, NTR... 40K...I guess with your limited training opportunities you've got to take them where you can get them. From your post on CR I guess you're in for a huge marathon PB when you do run it.

Cheers,
Ben

Ellie80 said...

great race Mouse!! next time I'll hopefully be out there chasing you!! I love a good target :)

PortRunr said...

Good to see you've got a blog going...just found it. Two big efforts from you both in one day!
Looking forward to seeing you at the start line in Canberra.
ps. I have a secret 6 Foot 2008 ambition as well...sshhh ;)

R2B said...

Nice work guys!

40km is a long way! and Mouse to take
12mins of your PB is awesome!

Thanks for the Banana cake that day at Quarry Rd!

Cheers R2B

TA and the Gnome said...

heh, you have really got the bug!! Congrats on the PB and I'm glad you enjoyed it , too.

I guess that means you'll be doing Nepean in November.

TA