Monday, March 19, 2007

Officially a triathlete

I have joined a triathlon club and entered in my first club event! I joined Hills Tri Club on Sunday, we all did actually, Ian, myself and the kids. Their last club event was Sunday afternoon and we all had a great time!

Lachlan and Maddie went in the Weetbix kids triathlon (100m swim, 5k ride and 1km run) and Georgia went in the Dinky Derby (a little 20m splash, 300m ride and 300m run - I think, no certainty on the kiddy distances). I went in the enticer, a step down from my sprints but I completed the SMC 10km that morning so felt it was about all my body could handle!

It was soooo cool! The kids had an awesome time, Maddie had some troubles with the bike leg, going on the wrong path at one stage but they all enjoyed it immensely. The bbq sausage sizzle afterwards was great too!! We also won a family pass to Waves fitness centre and a bottle of vanilla coffee syrup in the lucky door prizes. A very successful afternoon all in all :)

Prior to that I did the SMC 10km (I have a secret amibtion to take out the prize for my age group, and I think I will - not at all because I am the fastest but because I am the only one who turns up every week!!) Consistency pays off!! Speaking of consistency, I also won a dinner set in the lucky door prize and Ian won the shoes!!!!!! Woo hoooo, winning stuff is great :)

The 10km felt great the whole way, I walked a bit at each drink station but I did not have my iPod with my Nike kit, nor a garmin, nor a watch so I had no idea on time. I just kept going at the pace that felt good. Well anyhoo, I think it felt a little too good, my time was 1:04!! I wondered why it felt so easy, hahaha. A great morning though and I am not too concerned with the time. Next month when Thomo is feeling better (he had the flu today) we will have a proper re-match and it will be on for young and old.

I am in Wollongong this week, nice apartment but so much work to do this evening, it is so depressing! Off to do some work now actually....

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

Better watch it or it won't be long before they'll be dragging you out the front door for a quick 20k or so... How on earth are they supposed to work on their computer game pallor or perfect their delinquencies if you've got them out running, riding and swimming? Didn't think of that now, did you?? :-) :-)

Gnome