Saturday, March 24, 2007

First Brick session....

I got up with NTR and Lachlan this morning at some ungodly hour - (the boys are going canoeing and camping this weekend, they had to leave by 6am!!) and I headed to Parramatta Park for my first Brick session.

It was great, 2 laps ride for warm up, then a fast 2km loop running. Unfortunately it was the corporate games this weekend at the park so after the fast run it was all running from there! It was a 5km fartlek loop (or Faaarklet loop, thanks Ellie, I'll use that one!) and it was tough! It was kind of hilly and very hot so I struggled towards the end. Then lots of abs and core work on the grass, great fun and will def be back for more torture next week.

I almost forgot I also have to exercise my democratic rights this morning. Lucky my dad sms'd me asking where I was voting! Also might buy a top or two, I have a DJs gift card to spend and I am having shopping withdrawals. I don't think I have bought any non-exercise related clothes for ages.

Missing the boys already, heading over to my parents soon and have offered to cook them dinner tonight. Then back home to walk/feed Basil and up early to ride tomorrow morning.

Want to go watch the IM in Port Macquarie next weekend, still trying to figure out if I can be "sick" on the Monday.... I think I still have CR pom poms from the ones I made for GC last year, would be silly not to put them to good use ;-)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like a tough session out there this morning Mouse! Well done - you are well on your way to that goal I saw on the Port Mac IM thread ;-)

BTW, it is in the fine print in the pom pom owners manual that they must be used at any given opportunity :-)

Will send you a PM through CR with my phone number so we can catch up next weekend. If you are coming up on Sat, a few of us will be catching up for dinner.