Tuesday, March 27, 2007

night time run (ntr)

Last night i ran for about 21km ( no garmin ) starting at 9pm. By the time i stopped for a stretch, etc, i was home again at 11:15pm. I was really happy on, and with, the run. It felt really good - it was a little cool, which probably matches Canberra more then the humid weather i am normally running in.

Given the time it was, ( if i ran at the the same "time" during daylight savings, i would have gotten back after midnight! ) i was not surprised to run for close to 2 hours without seeing another soul!! One on point of the M7, there was ZERO lighting for about 50 metres, under a bridge. It was pitch black, and freaky!! Came back craving weetbix and muesli!

I am off to the final photography session tonight, at lady mac's chair, to get photos of the Harbour Bridge at night - sounds like a cool lesson! ....update....photo class was great. My little camera took some nice photos of the bridge and opera house!!

2 comments:

PortRunr said...

Nice run...if I ran until that late I wouldn't sleep that night! It is nice to have some cool weather for a change.

TA and the Gnome said...

When I run any distance, I'm always starving at the end. How did you go stuffing your face at midnight??

Almost taper time. Getting excited??