Saturday, March 17, 2007

bubblers and buskers (NTR)

Its been a hectic week - not at all typical either actually.

Sunday past thought I would head out f0r a l-o-n-g run - I covered 40km in about 4hr30mins. It was an really beautiful morning - left about 6am in the dark, and got to run through the morning mist, and see it rise over the farms out Eastern Creek way as the sun rose. Passed Linno on the track twice, and turned around on a crest about 20km from home, which had nice views to the east. I then ran/shuffled/walked home. I discovered not only the famous M7 bubbler, but 2 taps aswell!! Shame they are all with 5 metres of each other and about 12km from home!! Not much use to anyone!

Knocked out a fast 11km on Wednesday - 57min, which included some time stopping for a stretch. Real happy with that! ( i did pause the garmin whilst in i stopped to buy chocolate for Mouse on the way home though! ) However, my scheduled 8km fast at Parra park fizzled yesterday. My legs felt like lead, so i bailed at 6km Not upset, i think i was still recovering from the long run actually ( and missing a few meals this week probably did not help. That needs to change... )

Got the chance to help rags at his work this week. To get there, i walked down the long tunnel at the western end of central station. I used to do this about twice a week for 4 years when at UTS, and it really brought back memories. Dissappointed by the lack of buskers, and in particular an old lady ( who looked like my nan ) who i swear was there every time i walked down. She wore a hair net, swung her arms at her side and sung softly in that tunnel. To me, she was an integral part of the tunnel and my memories of it. The Big Issue vendor says he has worked the tunnel for 2 years and not seen her. I hope she has just found a new tunnel to fill in her day, and nothing worse.

Work wise, my manager, and 4 of our staff have been assigned to rescue a project for a few weeks, so I got an unwanted promotion to his role for a few weeks. I don't mind doing it ( done it before lots ) but not when i lose 2 of my key staff aswell!! I have delicate balance of work, kids in school care, friday lunch time runs, and i don't want it mucked up!! Suffice to say, i have brought home some work to do this weekend :-(

This weekend will see my last photography lesson ( 2 full day course ), splashing on old spice for a date with Mouse, SMC 30km ( ouch already ), hopefully ordering roofing for our pergola and some work...i feel tired already!


< one of my better photographic efforts this year..tin city at stockton beach - 4 photos stitched.. >

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

Are you sure that photo isn't out of Mad Max? Fantastic.

I'll tell you what. After Canberra, you can take the photos and I'll do the running... :-)

Gnome