Sunday, March 4, 2007

(kinda) happy with my long run! (NTR)

I've had a good week running wise...after a few weeks of false starts and excuses, i actually did my planned hill reps, fast run and long run. I did them all within 4 days, which i think explains a little of why i felt so crap on my long run today. The first 15km was fine, but it was hard after that! I did 34km in 3hr 50mins - a little disappointed given the logistic you go through to do a long run ( up at 4:50am etc etc ) , and not good enough for the sub 4 hour marathon, unless i can jump a cab and do the last 8.2km in 10 mins!! I will take the km's away today as a good effort, and forget the time. Incidently, BennyR and I passed another coolrunner at about 6:15am at Homebush this morning - i've never actually passed another CR's whilst also wearing CR's gear! BennyR was nice enough today to share someones theory on how unhygenic public bubblers "could be" - totally gross - noice one!

In an effort to capture Mouse's head in the photos i take of her, i did the first day of my photography course yesterday - i learned a bit, and improved my confidence in setting up and using the features of the camera we have. It was in a high school and whilst the room was large enough, the fans did not work for most of the day, so i took to taking drinks from the bubbler in the school ( hmm...see above! ) I have one more full day class, and a night time shoot in the city, which I am really looking for to! I'll post some photos up if i ever take a good one!

I had a really good afternoon at the aquatic centre at homebush today with mouse and the kids! Its a great place - water slide, whirlpool, spas, obstacle course - great for kids of all ages. ( mouse and I loved it! ) One of the little ones went out of eye site for a few mins, and then I could not find her. True to form, she was simply "having a spa dad!!!" Why did i panic - silly me. It was a great way to recover from the long run in the morning, and for Mouse to recover from her first Sprint distance triathlon yesterday - what a fantastic effort , especially in the heat!!

Newsflash....I won the January handicap event with Parra Park Runners!! I reckon thats pretty cool!! ( however, its a sad reality that the only things i can win in running are events where I am the sole competitor, or it has the word handicap in it!!

Its another work week just around the corner..i am off to bed!! Hopefully i wont dream about the 15 sandwiches to be made this week, the 30 school socks to wash, and the 5 rushed mornings to get everyone to school, and me to work, on time!!

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

If you're thirsty enough, the bugs are just protein :-)

Gnome

Bennyr said...

If you're interested, here's the source of the bubbler phobia:

http://barefootvegan.blogspot.com/2007/01/bubblers.html#links

Really enjoyed the run.

Cheers,
Ben